An unique Truck, Trailer & Tyre Expo will be held at Codissia Trade Fair Complex, Coimbatore over 3 days from 6th to 8th August 2016. All major manufacturers of tyres, trailers, stake holders from allied sectors will participate in this National Expo.
Ministry of Road Transport Highways & Shipping, Govt of India, Indo China Promotion Council (ICPC), Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Madurai (TNCCI), The Tamil Chamber of Commerce, Chennai and other organizations including federations and associations of Truck, Trailers, Tyre and Petroleum products are supporting through their participation/visiting the expo to explore business.
The primary modes for movement of goods in India are Rail and Road. Of late, movement of goods by roads has gained considerable importance. The road transport industry is gaining ground by a string of strategic actions. They provide service from the platform of the consignor to the door of the consignee. Besides, they accept goods in small quantities and have the capacity to penetrate into isolated, rural and hilly areas, where laying a railway becomes expensive. They are vital tools for the manufacturing, transportation, and warehousing industries.
India is the 4th largest commercial vehicle market in the world. In the past 5 years, output of commercial vehicles has grown three times more. Each year there is an increase of 20% of sale of Trucks & Trailers and Heavy Vehicles account for 70% of total market. It is expected that Indian commercial vehicle market will double to 1.6 million units in next five years. It is due to the increase in infrastructure spend, rapid urbanization and entry of major multinational players in the country.
There are about 11 large tyre manufacturing companies in India accounting for over 90% of requirements. Truck Industry in India has involved a good number of automobile giants which include Tata Motors, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra & Mahindra, Volvo, Eicher, Scania, Bharat Benz, SML Isuzu etc.
The Indian Commercial Vehicles industry is also witnessing sizeable investments by OEMs towards upgrading their product portfolio, introducing new models and expanding manufacturing capacities. These investments are likely to allow some of the new players in strengthening their positioning in the market.
The Truck, Tyre and Trailer industry has emerged and is evolving as a good business opportunity with plenty of scope for growth in India. The focus on consumer centric growth through innovation has found many takers. in technology and change in customer service approach.
In South India, TN in particular is a major hub for automobile & ancillary sector. This expo will attract 25,000 business visitors not only from India but also from South Asian Countries, and from various associations, federations and Govt. bodies. This expo will bridge the gap between the manufacturers, buyers, sellers, other equipment manufacturers, service providers and allied sector and bring them together under one roof to explore the Truck, Trailer and Tyre market in India. It will also provide new opportunities to tap into this growing business potential in India.
This expo will not only provide exhibitors with high quality trading platform to expand business, but also help to conduct technology exchange, display new products, find co-operative partners, and provide more co-operation opportunities for Indian truck industry.
Every district in the country has its own association with thousands of members. In Tamilnadu state alone there are over 4000 associations for Trucks, Trailers and Tyres. Each association has its own diesel bunks, oil shops, components, spare parts and tools shops, service centers etc. So a grand market with huge participation, un-parallel footfall and good business, is on its way through this grand event.
Codissia Exhibition complex, located in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu known as ‘Detroit of South India’, is a Beehive of over 25,000 large, medium and small industries including automobile machinery, components, tools and accessories.
1) Ministry of Road Transport Highways & Shipping, Govt of India
2) Indo China Promotion Council (ICPC)
3) Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Madurai (TNCCI)
4) The Tamil Chamber of Commerce, Chennai
5) All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC)
6) All India Transporters’ Welfare Association (AITWA)
7) Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI)
8) Hydraulic Trailer Owners Association (HTOA)
9) State Lorry Owners Federation, Tamil Nadu (SLOF)
10) Namakkal Taluk Lorry Owners Association (NTLOA)
11) Maharashtra Heavy Vehicle & Interstate Container Operator Association (MHVICOA)
12) Trailer Owner Association Chennai (TOA)
13) Southern Region Bulk LPG Transport Owners Association, Namakkal (SRBLPGTOA)
14) Karnataka Goods Transporters Association (KGTA)
15) Namakkal Trailer Owner Association (NTOA)
16) Federation of Karnataka State Lorry Owners & Agents Association (FKSLOAA)
17) Sankari Lorry Owner’s Association (SLOA)
18) Salem District Lorry Owner’s Association (SDLOA)
19) Tamil Nadu Petroleum Dealers Association (TNPDA)
20) Bangalore Petroleum Dealers Association (BPDA)
21) Federation of Indian Minerals Industries (FIMI)
22) Kerala State Lorry Owners Federation (KSLOA)
23) Builders Association of India (BAI)
24) Erode Lorry Owners Association (ELOA)
25) Automobiles Workshop Owners Association, Coimbatore (AWOA)
26) Coimbatore Lorry Owners Association (CLOA)